Our Philosophy of Care
At Haven Spine+Pain, we believe in treating the physical, mental and emotional aspects of pain, while addressing the root cause. To help West Michigan patients regain their active lifestyles and return to the things they love, we have developed a structured approach to pain management that includes:
- A mutually agreed-upon plan of care that is developed in the initial consultation and modified as care progresses.
- Active participation by patients and family members or significant others, including following treatment plans, understanding limitations of treatment, and offering feedback on what is hindering or enhancing their recovery.
- Interventions designed to reduce or eliminate the use of opioids or other medications.
- Adjunct therapies to consider, such as behavioral health, physical therapy, massage therapy, acupuncture, yoga, and others.
- An ultimate goal of returning the patient to a functional lifestyle and discharging them as a patient.
At Haven Spine+Pain, we’re always here to help. If you are a referring physician, please reference this referral guide that should answer most questions, but don’t hesitate to reach out to us if there’s anything you’d like to discuss.